Though it may not feel like it yet, with temperatures only in the low-twenties (that’s Celsius, for you crazy Yanks), summer is upon us. While the solstice isn’t until June 21, and you may stil be sporting a jacket in the evenings, Montrealers are gearing up for bigtime parties in this town of neverending festivals.
Wondering what to do with your bad self? Never fear! The Montreal Mirror’s Hot Summer Guide is online with plenty of festivals to check out. The Fringe Festival is just beginning this evening with their free opening night party, and shows get started in earnest on Friday. Also happening in June:
- Suoni per il Popolo Festival (through June 30)
- Nuit Blanche sur Tableau Noir (11-14)
- Festival Présence Autochtone (11-21)
- Eureka! Festival (12-14)
- Fringe Pop (13 & 18–21)
- L’Off Festival de Jazz (18–27)
- Virgin Music Festival (19–20)
- National Environmental Exhibition (19-21)
- Dimanches Salsafolie (’til Sept. 20)
- Loto-Québec Fireworks (June 13-Aug. 15)
- Montreal Baroque Music Festival (25-28)
- Montreal International Reggae Festival (26-28)
- Folk Festival on the Canal (27)
So what the heck are you waiting for? Get out there and get festive!