English Stand-Up Comedy in Montreal
Everything in the world is wrong, right? Wrong! It’s just people who keep focusing on things that are wrong and in the process, they destroy everything that is right.
Since the end of last summer, I started going to comedy clubs. I saw stand-up comics on YouTube and on TV (Comedy Central Presents and Last Comic Standing) and I figured that there must be some place in Montreal with stand-up comedy. How could a city host the Just For Laughs festival without having events dedicated to comedy?
On this winter day, I give you a few stand-up comedy events that are happening in Montreal, every week and every month.
- Comedyworks at Comedyworks
- Comedy Nest in the AMC Forum, 3rd floor
- Comedy on St-Laurent at Koi Bar – weekly
- Laugh for a change at Jilly’s – monthly, always to support a cause
- Comedy Lounge at Boodha Bar – new monthly event, the first show was last Saturday.
Coming up are the Just For Laughs auditions:
February 4th @ Comedyworks @ 8:30 P.M.
February 5th @ Comedy Nest @ 8:30 P.M.
En français? Plus tard.